Tuesday 7 January 2014

Birthday Weekend

It was my birthday this past weekend.  Sunday to be precise, but it was parlayed into a birthday weekend!

Saturday we hit the highway on a road-trip to visit family who have recently moved into their brand new custom built house. A two hour drive north, with our favourite coffee and donuts, driving the Trans Canada Highway into beautiful snow covered countryside.  One of our favourite activities is to grab the cameras and head out on a road trip to take photographs.

The house is beautiful! We got the complete tour, and although there is still a lot of furniture to purchase and personal touches to make, I can see that this is going to be a stunningly gorgeous house.  It's only natural to be a teensy bit jealous, but considering the hardships that our family members have suffered this past year, that necessitated the building of this home - I do not begrudge them their good fortune one iota.

They have two adorable 9 week old little kittens, with whom I immediately fell in love! Sadly Mr. C's allergies make such an addition to our own household unlikely.  We already have the two dogs - a cat too would probably be just too much.

After a delightful lunch and a surprise early birthday cupcake (complete with singing!) we headed home just ahead of a forecast heavy snowfall.  Dinner was my choice, so I picked chicken fajitas, one of my favourite meals!

Sunday morning dawned with a fresh blanket of snow, over top of what is already on the ground from before Christmas.  Mr C. made cinnamon bread french toast for my birthday breakfast, and other than putting the bottle of maple syrup on the table, I didn't lift a finger!

I spent the afternoon setting up my birthday gift from Mr. C. - a beautiful new jewelry box!

We made a late afternoon trip to the mall to purchase a new charm for my Pandora bracelet.  A gift to myself.

Birthday dinner was a delicious steak dinner at The Keg with Mr. C.

The entire weekend was amazing and left me feeling very happy, contented and loved.


No comments:

Post a Comment